November 1, 2018
Endocode is looking to add DevOps engineers with different levels of experience to its existing team of experienced DevOps experts. We seek engineers who feel comfortable with virtual machine and container-based data center environments, and are excited to extend their knowledge of and also contribute to modern large-scale installations.
Endocode AG is a young, employee-owned company based in Berlin, providing professional IT services with a focus on open source technologies. We work with the latest technologies in diverse projects for various different companies and are constantly reviewing the latest ones to stay in touch with industry developments. Currently 18 people from six different countries shape the Endocode’s diverse team.
If you would like to join our team and get involved where the company is heading, keep reading below to see what we do and how we do it.
- We work closely with developers, system engineers, quality assurance and customers.
- We ensure scalability, availability and security of infrastructure in a data centre, remotely or at customer sites.
- We build, maintain and optimise deployment pipelines.
- We automate deployment and backup-restore processes.
- We work with local and cloud-based servers. We fix, adapt and extend tools needed for the job.
- You’re someone who enjoys the challenge of making the process as lean, automated, reproducible and efficient as possible, and eliminating technical costs.
- You enjoy learning new skills. Adapting to rapidly changing environments is no sweat.
- For you, it’s all about getting things done, and getting them done right.
- You enjoy working with other people and crafting solutions with customers.
- You’re enthusiastic about Open Source.
- You want to automate everything.
- You know that if something is not fully tested it’s not done.
- Linux, Linux, Linux.
- Some programming would be nice: Go, Python, Ruby…
- As well as Shell scripting.
- Knowledge of CI/CD and specifically Jenkins is a must.
- Experience with, at least, one cloud provider.
- Experience with Docker (Cri-o, rkt, etc.) is very appreciated.
- Experience with Kubernetes and/or OpenShift is even more appreciated.
- see the attached Graph below - if you know one point from each category that’s a good start and you should let us know!
We gratefully offer:
- A flexible office environment: We strongly support a healthy work-life balance, believing your work will be better if your life is better.
- Adjustable office hours. Our the team consists of singles and parents alike: We know family issues happen and understand how they work.
- A diverse, helpful and friendly team with people from 6 different countries.
- The support to extend your horizon: Tell us which technical books you like, we’ll get them.
- Opportunities to attend events and conferences.
- Team activities (dinner, tech nights, etc.).
- A skilled environment in which you can grow your knowledge and help us improve ours.
- A nice office on a rooftop, with a big terrace near Alexanderplatz, at the edge of Mitte and Kreuzberg.
- A basis supply to keep you going: Free fizzy drinks, fruit and salad.
- German lessons. Because Schienenersatzverkehr is an important word to know in this city.
Usually our hiring process is as follows:
- Invitation to an interview.
- We will occasionally ask you to complete a technical challenge depending on position and prior work experience. This is not done on a white board - you will chose between several technical problems and solve them in your own time at home.
- We will invite you to a meet-the-team so that everyone has a chance to get to know you a little better.
- We will make you an offer.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us about yourself.